Your doctor has requested that pictures of your small bowel be taken. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- Enjoy your supper.
- Do not eat or drink anything after 8:00 p.m. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- You will be asked to drink barium and pictures will be taken at certain times.
- This exam may take several hours, generally between two and six hours.
- Eat normally after your exam, however, you will need to force fluids for 24 hours unless you have been advised to restrict fluids for medical reasons.