Your doctor has requested that an ultrasound exam of your kidneys be performed. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may better serve you.
An ultrasound machine produces a picture of your body using sound waves. A blunt device called a probe is placed on your skin.
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before your exam or if your exam is in the afternoon, just skip lunch, but you may eat breakfast. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- The exam is very easy and may require you to take in a breath for a short period of time.
- The exam will take approximately 30 minutes.
- After the exam you may resume your normal activities.