Your doctor has requested that pictures of your kidneys and bladder be taken. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you. If you are over the age of 60, specific blood work to assess your kidney function will be ordered by your physician prior to your exam.
- Enjoy your supper.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- You will be asked several questions by the technologist before your exam begins. If you have any allergies, please let your technologist know.
- A needle will be inserted into a vein and contrast material (dye) will be injected. You may experience a warm feeling. This feeling will pass quickly.
- After your injection, several x-rays will be taken. This exam may take anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours.
- You may eat normally after the examination, however, please be sure to drink extra fluids unless you have been advised to restrict fluids for medical reasons.