Your doctor has requested that pictures of your fallopian tubes and uterus be taken. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- There is no preparation for this exam unless you are contacted by a radiology nurse prior to your examination.
- You may need a pregnancy test prior to your examination.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- A speculum is inserted vaginally and contrast is injected to visualize your fallopian tubes.
- The examination will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Eat and drink normally after the examination.
- Cramping may occur after this examination. Please call your doctor if cramping persists.