Your doctor has ordered a scan to evaluate the function of your stomach. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 4 hours prior to your appointment. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- In Nuclear Medicine, you will be given a scoop of egg salad with a small amount of radioactive material in it.
- After eating the egg salad, you will be asked to lie on a table while images are taken of your stomach.
- This exam takes approximately 2 1/2 hours. It is very important that you lie still for this exam.
- Following this exam you may resume normal activities.