Your doctor has requested that pictures of your gallbladder be taken. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- Enjoy your low fat supper. This means only food baked or broiled. Nothing fried, and no dairy products.
- Your physician will instruct you to come to Radiology for telepaque pills. At approximately 7:00 p.m., begin to take the pills you were given . Take 1 pill every 5 minutes until done.
- Do not eat after taking these pills. You may drink only water until midnight. Do not eat or drink after midnight. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Please report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- Several pictures of your gallbladder will be taken by the technologist. The exam will then be evaluated by the Radiologist (x-ray doctor).
- This exam will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Eat and drink normally after the exam.