Your doctor has requested that an ultrasound exam be performed on your leg/arm vein.
An ultrasound machine produces a picture of your body using sound waves. A blunt device called a probe is placed on your skin.
- There is no prep for this exam.
- The exam takes about 45 minutes.
- You will be lying down for this exam.
- We will be looking at the vein in your arm/leg.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.