Your doctor has requested that an ultrasound exam be performed on your abdomen and pelvis. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may better serve you.
An ultrasound machine produces a picture of your body using sound waves. A blunt device called a probe is placed on your skin.
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the exam. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- 2 hours before your scheduled exam time, you should drink 1 quart of water only. This water should be finished 1 hour before your exam. Do not void once you start drinking.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- Once the pelvic ultrasound is completed, you will be allowed to empty your bladder.
- These two exams will take approximately 1 hour total time.