Your doctor has requested that an ultrasound exam be performed on your carotid arteries.
An ultrasound machine produces a picture of your body using sound waves. A blunt device called a probe is placed on your skin.
- There is no prep for this exam.
- The exam does take about 45 – 60 minutes.
- You will be lying down for this exam.
- We will be both looking at and listening to the arteries in your neck, so this test will be a little noisy.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.