Your doctor has requested that you have a C.T. scan of your spines. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- You may need blood work prior to your exam. Your physician will instruct you.
- Do not eat or drink anything 4 hours before your scheduled exam. You may take your medications with a sip of water.
- Report to Radiology approximately 15 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- You may be given contrast intravenously through a needle in your arm, however this will be explained more thoroughly at the time of the examination.
- You will be positioned on the scan table. It is important that you do not move because even the slightest movement can blur the picture and result in the need for repeat scans.
- The examination usually takes from 20 – 40 minutes. This includes preparation, actual scanning time and time for the technologists to check the images.
- Please inform your doctor if you are diabetic and, specifically, if you take the medication Glucophage.