Our doctor has requested that an ultrasound exam of your abdomen be performed. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may better serve you.
An ultrasound machine produces a picture of your body using sound waves. A blunt device called a probe is placed on your skin.
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before your exam. You may take your medications with a sip of water..
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- The exam is very easy and may require you to take in a breath for a short period of time.
- The exam will take approximately 45 minutes.
- After the exam you may resume your normal activities.