Your doctor has ordered a Technetium white blood cell study to evaluate for abscess, infection, osteomyelitis, or fever of unknown origin. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- Your blood will be drawn in the morning and be sent to a lab to be tagged with Technetium. You will then need to return that afternoon to be re-injected with your tagged cells. These two visits will take approximately 10 minutes each.
- You will be scanned at 4 hours and possibly 24 hours after injection of tagged cells.
- Following the exam you may resume normal activities.