Your doctor has ordered an Indium white blood cell study to evaluate for abscess, infection, osteomyelitis, or fever of unknown origin. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- Your blood will be drawn in the morning and be sent to a lab to be tagged with Indium. You will then need to return that afternoon to be re-injected with your tagged cells. These two visits will take approximately 10 minutes each.
- You will be scanned at 5 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours after injection.
- These scans will take approximately two hours each.
- Following the exam you may resume normal activities.